I am very thrilled to send out another open call for a conference, where AEGEE members are given an exclusive opportunity to participate.
In the context of «Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture», the European Commission and its department responsible for enlargement policy invites interested students to participate in a two day conference in Istanbul on 8-9 May 2010.
Travel, food and accommodation expenses will be covered by the European Commission!
The conference aims to bring together 200 students – 120 from various EU countries and 80 from Turkey offering an opportunity to discuss issues of EU-Turkey relations, e.g., cultural identity and citizenship.
If you are a student and meet the following criteria…
– citizen of one of the countries in the European Union (unfortunately students from non-EU countries are not eligible to apply);
– at Master level and in an age range between 21 to 25;
– studying EU/international studies, political science, economy/law, arts and culture, social sciences, sociology or philosophy;
– interested in politics, international relations, notably in EU/Turkey relations;
– able to follow debates and express yourself well in English.
… Then you are welcome to apply and participate by filling in the short form available on http://www.tinyurl.com/Istanbul-AEGEE by March 14 (Sunday)!
Please, note that the final selection of participants will be made by the European Commission, with due respect to motivation, as well as geographical balance.